[Drama] Boku no Ikiru Michi

Winter 2003

Episodes: 11

Starring: Kusanagi Tsuyoshi, Yada Akiko, Tanihara Shosuke, Kohinata Fumiyo, Uchi Hiroki, Ayase Haruka...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A high school teacher by the name of Nakamura Hideo had led a normal life. He taught, and no one listened. He is timidly polite and never spoke his mind. Neither did he have any strong opinion about things and never took the initiative to take charge of the direction of his life. He harboured feelings for his colleague, Akimoto Midori, but was indirectly rejected before Hideo even confessed.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One day, Hideo was told by his doctor that he only had one year to live because of a disease. After a short period of despair and a suicide attempt, Hideo realized that he STILL has one year to live. Since then, his life changed, he became more opinionated at work. He became more daring and won the love of his life.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
But can their love survive the knowledge of his foreboding fate? Can Midori support and fulfill the needs of a dying Hideo? (So totally added the questions at the end of the synopsis. Love em, questions.)
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
*****

This drama has a really, really famous theme song. It was the best selling single of the year and sold more than 2 million copies. A success SMAP hasn't had for a while back then. "Sekai ni Hitotsu Dake no Hana" is the title. The reason I suddenly decided to watch this is because I so totally sang this song yesterday, at a karaoke. Thank goodness I pulled it off well. xD It is a good song, written by the great Makihara Noriyuki. It has nice lyrics too. T_T

Why do they always die pretty? I mean, if I have a mild fever, I look like a hag. Seriously! xD Okay, nevermind that. Love the drama.

So touching. Sometimes, we need something significant to happen to us in order to drive us to buckle up and make a difference in our lives, change our lives, to take the initiative to make it better. Had this character, Nakamura went on to live without being diagnosed with the sickness, he would have had a pathetic life ahead of him. A long and pathetic one.

But its still sad nevertheless. T_T And a tough choice, really. A short and exciting life that is full of happiness. Or a long and lonely one, living without ambition or goals. Live fast and die young, or take things slow and die wrinkled.

Not sure there. People get disillusioned, by thinking there's always tomorrow, we'd procrastinate. That is a fact. No matter how many times I am inspired by stories such as this, I just... go on living my life like I have all the time in the world. Thoughts of death are not what I want frequenting my mind because they make me restless and frightened.

Kusanagi Tsuyoshi has a funny face. Its the jaw, I think its the jaw. Its oddly shaped. But he has this kind face that makes you think he wouldn't hurt an amoeba if he can help it. I find it odd how Midori still calls Hideo "Nakamura-sensei" after marriage. Its odd. Imagine your boyfriend (am so writing this under an assumption that a dude wouldn't visit a blog packed with talks about Johnny's boysies) calls you Miss [Insert your last name/family name/surname here]. I'd so dump him already.

And I really don't like to watch bawling men. I get it that this character is facing death and I would so bawl like a baby. But Kusanagi Tsuyoshi bawls too well and I am so convinced and I don't know. It makes me uncomfortable. Midori is a strong woman. And preparing for your husband's death, planning his death and the stuff you have to do upon his death with him is not easy. T_T I'd probably run without looking back if I were her.

For Hideo, this sickness that he had was probably the best thing that happened to him. I really think so. His life was much improved, and so did that of those around him. But death is never a good thing. Erm, contradictory. Nevermind. I find it especially touching how Yoshida, played by a pre-suspension Uchi Hiroki, who was Hideo's student went on to become what Hideo used to be, passing on advice that Hideo used to give.

Rating: 4/5

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Farted :: [Drama] Boku no Ikiru Michi

Post a Comment

Farted